WELCOME TO CALVERT COUNTY 4-H
4-H clubs are located throughout Calvert County for youths between the ages of 5 and 18. 4-Hers learn life skills and leadership development through a variety of 4-H projects like leadership, livestock and horse care, pet care, nutrition, clothing design and construction, citizenship skills and robotics. A 4-Her may take on any project, and most clubs have members in a wide variety of projects.
Clover Club programs are open to all children ages 5-7. Clovers do NOT complete projects nor do Record Books. In addition, they do NOT exhibit animals in their 4-H activities. Clovers are invited to create scrapbooks about their 4-H involvement.
Contact the UME-Calvert 4-H Office for more information about the 4-H clubs near you or about applying to become an adult 4-H volunteer.
- Battle Creek 4-H Club - General interest club with various projects including animals, agriculture, community service, crafts, and other areas of interest. Please contact Leaders Debbie Jones and Dawn Mister for more information. battlecreek4H@gmail.com
- Creative Crafters - Emphasis on crafts and sewing. Please contact Leaders Jackie Gray and Bev Golden for more information. 4Hcreativecrafters@gmail.com
- Chesapeake Clovers - A general interest club with activities related to small animals, the outdoors, cooking, and community involvement. Please contact Leader Janet Sefton for more information. chesapeakeclovers4H@gmail.com
- Calvert County Shooting Sports - Special interest club with emphasis on archery, air rifle, and outdoor activities. Ages 10-18. Please contact Leaders Kathryn Rivers, Bernie Wunder, and Ellen DiiOrio for more information. calvertcounty4Hshootingsports@gmail.com
- Giddy-Up 4-H Horse and Pony Club - This club has many different projects with an emphasis on horses and community service. Please contact Leader Carol Spicknall for more information. giddyup4Hclub@gmail.com
- Last Robot Rolling - Emphasis on Lego robots with NXT programming. Ages 10 - 18. Please contact Leaders Ari and Dennis Strahl for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woof Pack - 4-H Dog Care & Training Project Club. Dog-related education, recreation, and service activities. Owning or showing a dog is not required! Please contact Leaders Cathy Porterfield for more information. woofpack4H@gmail.com
SCHOOL BASED CLUBS
- Judy Center Blooming Cloverbuds - This is an after school program for ages 5 - 7. Naomi Watkins and Donna McLaughlin, Club Leaders.
- Tidewater School 4-H - Meets during school with a variety of projects and an emphasis on community service. This club also has a Clover Program for ages 5 - 7.
- Boys and Girls Club of Southern Maryland - STEM, arts, and cooking for after school and summer camp programs. This is a community collaborative.
- Huntingtown Elementary School - Active after school programs examining the world through art, science and food.