It is the mission of the Core Service Agency (CSA) to provide the consumer with the highest quality, most cost effective services to meet their mental health needs. CSA is attempting to make mental health services accessible to all populations regardless of social stigmas or financial barriers.
The Calvert County Core Service Agency (CSA) is responsible for planning, managing, and monitoring public mental health services at the local level.
The CSA exists under the authority of the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Health and is an agent of county government, which approves the CSA's organizational structure.
The CSA assures that a comprehensive range of services are available, accessible and affordable, including: evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, case management, rehabilitation, community support, therapeutic foster care, supervised housing, emergency services and crisis intervention.
In fulfillment of its duties the CSA performs the following:
- Manages the public mental health system for Calvert County
- Assures year end budget reconciliations result in no over expenditures
- Submits an Annual Comprehensive Mental Health Plan
- Manages and supervised various behavioral health programs
- Assures consumer access and consumer rights
- Processes complaints, grievances and appeals in a timely fashion
- Monitors the contract with the Administrative Service Organization, Value Options.