Calvert County Public School's Family Support Services helps families of children with disabilities from birth to age 21. Our purpose is to provide support, information and resources on disabilities and community services to parents and educators. We assist families by providing resources, facilitating good working relationships for their child's education, and increase parent involvement and collaborative partnerships between families and educators.
Services May Include:
- Providing special education resources
- Information and referral services to community and disability organizations
- Seminars and workshops on special education and/or disabilities
- Lending Library
- Information about local, state and national parent organizations
- Assistance in understanding the transition process from school to adulthood
- Understanding the Special Education Law, including the IFSP (Individual Family Service Plan (Birth -3) and IEP(Individual Education Program 3-21) .
Families and caretakers of children with a developmental delay, disability or